Cloud storage is a service where data is remotely maintained, managed and backed up. This service helps users to stores their files online, so that they can access them from any location via internet on any electronic gadget. There are various cloud storage advantages like when we post any picture on Facebook we are using cloud, when we check our bank balance in phone, we are on cloud again. According to recent survey by 2018, the public cloud services market is predicted to exceed by $245 billion.
Now let’s look into some of the advantages of cloud storage.
Cloud Storage Advantages
- UNIVERSAL FILE ACCESS: Cloud technology helps you to have access of your file from any location via internet on your PCs, laptop, tablet and phones at any time. This becomes a major expediency of cloud technology by minimizing time and creating productivity.
- EFFECTIVE SPENDING: Avoid large capital expenditure on hardware and upgrades. Cloud can also improve cost efficiency by more closely matching your cost pattern to your revenue/demand pattern, moving your business from a capital-intensive cost model to an Opex model.
- RECOVERY FROM DISASTER: It is highly recommended that businesses have an emergency backup plan ready in the case of an emergency. Cloud storage can be used as a back‐up plan by businesses by providing a second copy of important files. These files are stored at a remote location and can be accessed through an internet connection.
- AUTOMATIC UPDATES: The beauty of cloud computing is that the servers are off-premise, out of sight even though, Suppliers take care of them for you and roll out regular software updates. So you don’t have to worry about wasting time maintaining the system yourself. Leaving you free to focus on the things that matter, like growing your business.
- INCREASES FLEXIBILITY AND MANAGEABILITY: Cloud computing provides enhanced and simplified IT management and maintenance capabilities through central administration of resources. If your needs increases it, becomes easy to scale up your cloud capacity. This enhances the flexibility of cloud computing and gives you advantage over many factors.
- ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: A study released by WSP environment estimated that a 100 person company with applications deployed in the cloud can reduce energy consumption and emission by more than 90%.
Not moved to the cloud yet?
The above benefits would be enough to convince many businesses to move their business into the cloud. This show how advantageous is cloud technology in our lives.